Tuesday, May 26, 2009

of cheddar and strawberries


Today you announced you wanted to make your own lunch.

And so you did.


Stawberry and cheddar sandwiches.

Carefully assembled.

Gobbled up hastily with such delight.


And just in case I needed to make one for myself, you kindly drew me a recipe.


It is one of my greatest pleasures to watch you sprout and grow.


Over the past year or so, it has become clear that your mind may work a little differently than most. I must admit that sometimes my heart grows heavy with worry about how the world will accept your eccentric little self. I firmly believe you will accomplish great things in life. Of this, I am sure.


Thank you for being you.


Love you forever,

Mommy

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Absolutely beautiful words!!

Beth Hikes said...

Dang! Cheddar and strawberries. Now that is the perfect sandwich. I may have to hire him as my personal chef. XOXO to being who you are in the moment!